Thursday, December 09, 2004

So, I wrote this letter and sent it.

Honourable Members of Parliament:

it has come to my attention that you will be meeting with members of the current interim government of Haiti. As these are people who have not been elected and are in their positions contrary to the Haitian constitution I believe it is my duty to be appalled.

You have also decided to exclude members of Lavalas who represent the grassroots and the will of the people, who in 2000, elected Aristide as their leader, to govern until 2006. This was done under the constitution of Haiti. That you would support interim leaders who have involved themselves with the oppression and killing of Haitians who would have Aristide returned, tells me that you support violence as a means to govern. Again, I must say, that it is my duty to be appalled. I would also say that I am ashamed, but I believe that that has become your duty.

Please support the return of Aristide and the return to a democratically elected government for the people of Haiti.

Arnie Hoffman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?