Tuesday, December 14, 2004

mountains sleep under blankets of fog

balcony, on the side of a short cliff
arrests the rain in it's perennial tumble
birds wake and explain they haven't had enough to eat
the bare trees afford a view of snow-capped mountains.

I throw off the night's comfort,
mouth dry from sleeping in dry heat,
stumble in the dark
rehydrate
remember a dream long enough to smile
and seek blankets again.

dreams elude me dark coffee sends for me
the smile of a young brown-eyed man
recognizing the vestiges of a dream
on my sleeve
startles me out of reverie into
a type laden jungle of stories of national desires
conquests and concrete instructions to maintain it all.

traffic evades me the dream now gone
I stumble about all day
knowing that sleep will drag me down
once more into her warm embrace.

mountains sleep under blankets of fog.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?