Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hail Caesar! The War Continues

Dear Mr. Drucker: A Letter to the US Embassy in Colombia

Haiti: Poverty's Abstract

Leftist Electoral Victories in Latin America

The morning after Justin Podur's assessment of Bush's victory.

Though I was of the mind that it didn't matter who won the election, Team A or Team B, I was deflated by the result. I think that Podur's article shed a little light on why I may feel this way. Until now I believed that Bush's victory in 2000 was illegitimate and that this election would vindicate that assertion. Now, what I have is vindication that what Bush wants is what Americans want. True, he won only 51% of the popular vote and probably 38-39% of eligible voters did not vote, and this leaves the USA divided, but... clearly I was holding out hope.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?