Thursday, September 16, 2004

something from the archives: Skull

I bought a skull to talk to and this is what I said:
My love is a frozen prison,
An icicle since the Pleistocene,
a terse lullaby creased-pants again.

And the skull listened some more:
forged in a mummer's prism,
an inch of fallen snow cremates,
a guiled terpsichore pants: feigned innocence.


A skull's interest never falters:
Revealed with a handmaid's candle,
an asp yields to no ones mise-en-scene,
hacks save time, monkeys type lines.


And the skull fell silent,
scooped up by the long refrain,
dashed pieces left fallen.


Into the night they listened,
into the night the bones gleamed with knowledge:


Slaves wage life one day in, one day out.
Pine is a missing lover.
spruce-topped mandolins unite oceans.
ignite prose inches,
absent scorned harlequin,
kneeling sad clown.
and then the skull explained it all to me.

I fell... ... silent.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?