Thursday, September 23, 2004

cake

I was alone in the kitchen with the cake
The aroma told me it was fresh baked

saliva floods the teeth
memory dammed by my skull
porcelain headache vomit aftermath.

I waved my hand back and forth over the top
Wafted chocolate molecules an olfactory crop.

memory smashes my nose
blood unstopped pools downhill
fills the grouted lines between close tiles.

the knife cut through my resistance
in the bathroom I was all circumstance.

I hid in the bathroom with my cake
I fell in the bathroom with my cake

I woke in the dark, later without cake
surrounded by strangers shining lights in my face
shouting to someone in another room that it was fine
they'd found the cake-thief.

I was thrown down more stairs,
into more dark,
with only the scent of cake to guide me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?