Tuesday, August 10, 2004

why should I give a rat's ass about the olympics?

Why should I give a rat's ass about the olympics?

a) cuz I AM CANADIAN!
b) because I think that small groups of wealthy people should derive the most benefit from these olympic games so that governments and the people ruled over by those governments get to pay for those benefits. (too long-winded?)
c) so I can contribute at the water-cooler on Monday.
d) so people don't look at me oddly when I say, "I've never watched an olympic event in my whole life".
e) so people don't look at me oddly when I say, "I moved from Montreal to Toronto in 1976 so I could avoid those games, but I couldn't avoid the tax aftermath and the gambling craze (lottteries) that ensued to pay for those cost overruns. And where did those overrunning costs go to?" Of course there was another reason for moving to Toronto but this is a better story.
f) I shouldn't.
g) So I can avoid the real issues which are impenetrable and time consuming and would require much more time and effort than the time it takes to watch someone throw a ball.
h) cuz I like to watch.
i) some of the above
j) pancake headphone lozenge arrythmia...arrythmia...arrythmia!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?